Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hairstyles for Little Girls #1

Every woman's dream; a daughter with beautiful long hair. I was very excited when Angel Starr's hair was long enough for me to start "playing" hairdresser and give her some beautiful, creative (but practical) hairstyles. But I didn't really know where to start. Sure, I can do a ponytail or braids but it gets boring after a while. I wanted some new trendy, fun styles. So I searched on the net but was surprised to find that I could hardly find anything on little girl's hairstyles. Eventually I found a few (most of them are for weddings!). But this one I came up with on my own. It's easy and gives a little twist to the normal ponytail. This is how it's done: Create a low ponytail and position the hair elastic a bit further down the hair away from the child's head. Then part the hair at the nape of the neck (where the hair elastic should go) until you get a hole. Push the ponytail up and over through this hole, forming a twist. Then pull the hair so that the elastic slides up the child's hair. And presto you have the 1940's style, Angel Starr twist! Great for kindergarten, as keeping your child's hair tied back helps prevent them getting lice.

1 thoughts for today:

Mizé said...

Hi. It looks really nice. My daughter loves when I make something different with her hair. You´re right, must be every woman´s dream!
Good weekend. Cheers!