Friday, August 29, 2008

It's a Size Thing

Lover boy and I were born and bred in Southern Africa, as were our parents. We have lived in various parts of the world and are currently living in Israel. The strangest thing I’ve noticed is that Angel Starr seems to have the perfect South African body. I know, without a doubt, that if I buy clothes for her age group from South Africa they will fit her – no problem. Whereas when people send clothes from other parts of the world, or if I buy them here, sometimes they fit perfectly but mostly, they’re either too small and they’re huge. It’s so weird to think that our body shapes are defined by the country from which we originate. I had heard that Chinese clothes are different and might not fit a heavily busted western woman, but how can clothes from South Africa differ from clothes from the States or the UK? And these are children’s clothes we’re talking about. Here in Israel sizes vary between different stores – I can accept this. But, to my amazement, it doesn’t matter which store I buy clothes from in South Africa, they all fit. I just have to go by the age group on the label. Has anyone else noticed this strange oddity?? Let me know, it will be interesting to see if there is something to it or if it’s just a me thing.

0 thoughts for today: