Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Midweek Mommy Tip # 2

Salad Nicoise. To my surprise and delight, I discovered that Angel Starr loves Salad Nicoise. The best part about this is that it’s a light, healthy and easy summer dish that can be put together in a few minutes. Did I mention that it’s healthy? Usually, Angel Starr can tell if anything’s healthy and won’t go near it with a barge pole. So it came as a surprise when she starting demanding this salad. What appeals to her is the fact that it’s filling and has many interesting ingredients (most of them are her favorite), apart from the lettuce. This is how I make it:

Ingredients:
1 can of Tuna
3 or 4 large boiled potatoes (sliced)
1 boiled egg (sliced with an egg slicer)
Some black olives
Some green beans
Lettuce
Cucumber (sliced)
Tomatoes (sliced)

Method: Put lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes in a large salad bowl (in that order). Then add the tuna, potatoes, olives and green beans. Toss. Add the sliced egg on top for added decoration.
Angel Starr gets so excited about this salad that she doesn’t even want salad dressing or mayonnaise or anything (sometimes a bit of hummus). I add a bit of olive oil and lemon juice to my portion of the salad. Try this salad with your kids. It’s healthy and filling, thanks to the potatoes. Bon Appetit.

1 thoughts for today:

Anonymous said...

Ok that sounds divine. thanks for the recipe heads up, I think my girls would like that too.